A compelling book about the water crisis facing the West, grounded in history and important for residents as well as readers nationwide. This narrative weaves together the stories of human folly and grandiose endeavor that shaped the states and reveal the background of the critical economic and political issue that is how water is used and misused today.
You work hard to make dinner-choosing the best food, mastering preparation techniques, and picking the perfect recipes. But what about the unsung staples, the ingredients and condiments that build and accompany your meal? Too often, the store-bought versions are loaded with extra salt, sugar, allergens and preservatives, and they end up bland and uninspiring. But you don't have to limit yourself to the same tastes and the same plastic bottles. With The Kitchen Pantry Cookbook you can create your own staples-fresh, delicious and just the way you like them. Chef Erin Coopey shows you more than 90 recipes and variations to personalize your pantry. You'll never go back to the bottles.
Stock your kitchen pantry with:
- Condiments: Everything you need-mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, ketchup, steak sauce, and more
- Nut butters and spreads: The classics and the creative-homemade peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut butter, vanilla chai pear butter, and more
- Salad dressings: All your favorites, from balsamic vinaigrette to honey mustard to sesame tahini
- Stocks: The basics to have on hand, including chicken stock, vegetable stock, and court bouillon
- Relishes and refrigerator pickles: Delicious and easy-bread and butter pickles, pickled peppers, sauerkraut, and more
- Chips, dips and dunks: Snacks that hit the spot, from homemade potato chips with French onion dip to tortilla chips with tomatillo salsa
Vinegars are simple to make and you can create your own by adding herbs, spices, and flavorings. This e-handbook is divided into two main sections.
In the "Making Flavored Vinegars" section, you'll find general instructions on heating, steeping, ripening, etc., followed by recipes for specific vinegars including Three-Pepper, Thyme, Lemon Peel, and Black Pepper; Raspberry and Rosemary-Tarragon. Also included are a few hints on making your own wine vinegar from whatever table wine you have left over.
In the second section, "Recipes Using Flavored Vinegars," are specifics and suggestions for perking up your cooking in the simplest possible way, by judicious use of your beautiful flavored vinegars. Making these vinegars is fun, but using them is even more fun! 36 pages.
INSTANT DELIVERY ITEM: When you order this e-book* we will provide you with a link for the e-book on the confirmation page. Simply click on the link and save the file to your computer — no more waiting for delivery or paying expensive shipping and handling fees.
Mother Earth News Wiser Living E-Handbooks are packed with practical information, innovative ideas and creative projects right at your fingertips. By supporting digital products like this one you are helping save millions of trees a year. Order your downloadable PDF and start reading today!
Gardeners love the CobraHead® Weeder & Cultivator! This tool helps you do it all: Weed, cultivate, scalp, edge, dig, furrow, plant, and harvest with ease.
It comes in 4 different lengths for maximum utility.
- The 54" Long Handle Weeder & Cultivator is great for older gardeners or small scale farming.
- The 54" handle is typical and recommended for the average gardener.
- Excellent for working around tightly spaced crops or drip irrigation.
- One year unconditional warranty
- Recycled Composite handle
- Made in Wisconsin, USA
Blade assembly adds 8" to length.
**Note: The CobraHead Long Handle blade is thin, very sharp and quite strong. But, because of its thinness, it is not indestructible. It is not designed for removing large plants or roots.