Utne Reader librarian Danielle Maestretti shares the highlights (and occasional lowlights) of what's landing in our library each week in 'Shelf Life.'
Utne's library is abuzz with a steady flow of 1,300 magazines, journals, weeklies, zines, and other dispatches from the cultural front that are rarely found in big-box bookstores, or newsstands.
Featured in this week's episode:
- enRoute on Icelandic cuisine
- Science News on “The Dating Go Round”
- A special issue of Southwest Review featuring modern fiction by Arab women (not available online)
- Zine excerpts and Canadian tabloids in Broken Pencil (not available online)
- Nuclear Energy Insight on how a nuclear power plant became a “refuge” for sea turtles