What Do You Call Different Legos?

| 11/10/2009 4:56:20 PM


When playing with Legos, it’s important to keep the “four-er flat hinge-y bits” separate from the “clippy bits.” Every Lego enthusiast, or family of Lego enthusiasts, seems to develop their own language to tell a “T-shaped joiney thing” apart from a “car mirror piece.” Writing for The Morning News, Giles Turnbull conducted a highly scientific survey of two American children and two British kids about what they call the different Lego pieces. That way, if someone asks for a “golden snapper” readers will know they really need a “flat clippy piece.”

Source: The Morning News 

Image by Woodley Wonderworks, licensed under Creative Commons.

Rick Raab-Faber
11/13/2009 8:38:20 PM

We always called them "One Things" "Two Things" "Four Things", etc, based on the number of connector.... things they had on top.

Facebook Instagram Twitter

click me