- Duck-house Door – a very thick slice of bread
- Duck’s meat – mucus found in the eyes during sleep
- Jook-Halter – one who has narrowly escaped hanging
- Potato trap – mouth
- Leather head – someone who is stupid
- Bumbee work- nonsense
- Read lead – lunchroom sausage
- Turnip-snagger – rural dweller
Terms and definition from Slanguage: A Dictionary of Slang and Colliquial English in Ireland by Bernard Share (Gill and Macmillan, 1997).
Appeared in The Word Lover’s Book of Lists compiled by Louis Phillips.