Official Rules Swag Bag Spring 15
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS SPONSORED BY OGDEN PUBLICATIONS, INC., 1503 SW 42nd Street, Topeka, KS 66609.
2. Entry Period: “Utne Reader Swag Bag Spring 2015 Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:01:01 AM (ET) on March 9, 2015, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 30, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Eligibility: To take part in the Sweepstakes, participants must be legal residents of the U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec, where the promotion is void) and at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families, i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Ogden Publications, Inc. and its affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
Official Rules available at: https://www.utne.com/Official-Rules-SwagBag-Spring15.aspx
4. To Enter: Go to http://www.Utne.com/swagbag-Spring15.aspx and complete and submit the entry form found there. Limit one (1) online entry per e-mail address. If more than one entry per person is received, only one entry will be eligible. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.” In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
5. Winner Selection: The Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received, on or about July 1, 2015, or within a reasonable time thereafter. Winner will be responsible for all U.S. and State taxes and/or fees. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent of prizes permitted. Winner will be notified by email.
- Home Grown by Ben Hewitt (Roost Books) $14.95
- American Fiction by Michael White (New Rivers Press) $16.95
- When You Find Us We Will Be Gone by Christopher Linforth (Lamar University Press) $17.95
- The Old Neighborhood by Bill Hillmann (Curbside Splendor Publishing) $15.95
- Brazil’s Dance with the Devil by Dave Zirin (Haymarket Books) $16.00
- Altitude Adjustment by Mary Beth Baptiste (TwoDot) $16.95
- Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit (Haymarket Books) $11.95
- Conversations on the Hudson by Nick Hand (Princeton Architectural Press) $24.95
- Alive with Vigor! By Robert Earl Sutter III (Microcosm Publishing) $9.95
- Palestine Speaks by Cate Malek and Mateo Hoke (McSweeney’s) $16.00
- Think Like a Commoner by David Bollier (New Society Publishers) $16.95
- My Accidental Jihad by Krista Bremer (Algonquin Books) $24.95
- Chasing the American Dream by Mark Robert Rank, Thomas A. Hirschl and Kirk A. Foster (Oxford University Press) $27.95
- American Christianity by Stephen Cox (University of Texas Press) $26.95
- You Can’t Put God in a Box by Kelly Besecke (Oxford University Press) $19.95
- Local: The New Face of Food and Farming in America by Douglas Gayeton (Harper Design) $35.00
- Of All the Gin Joints by Mark Bailey (Algonquin Books) $21.95
- Copycat by David Yow (Akashic Books) $23.95
- The Encyclopedia of Trouble and Spaciousness by Rebecca Solnit (Trinity University Press) $25.95
- A Future for Cheetahs by Dr. Laurie Marker (Cheetah Conservation Fund) $45.00
- Reasonable Amount of Trouble by Jesse Winchester (Appleseed Records) $13.99
- The Flower of Muscle Shoals by Cahalen Morrison & Country Hammer (Trade Root Music Group/Free Dirt Records) $13.39
- Everlasting Arms by Luke Winslow-King (Bloodshot Records) $12.99
- Night Surfer by Chuck Prophet (Yep Roc Records) $13.69
- Silver Ladder by Peter Mulvey (Signature Sounds) $13.99
- Cajun by Putumayo Presents (Putumayo World Music) $12.99
- Sings the Moon by John Mark Nelson (John Mark Nelson) $7.99
- The Both by Aimee Mann and Ted Leo (SuperEgo Records) $10.00
- Falling Faster Than You Can Run by Nathaniel Rateliff (Mod Y Vi Records) $13.32
- Make My Head Sing by Jessica Lea Mayfield (ATO Records) $10.00
- Get Me Joe Beck by Joe Beck (Whaling City Sound) $13.99
- Disco E Progresso by Da Cruz (Boom Jah Records) $24.83
- Metamodern Sounds in Country Music by Sturgill Simpson (High Top Mountain) $10.99
- Blood Test by Kris Delmhorst (Signature Sounds) $13.99
- May I Be Frank (DVD, Cinema Libre Studio) $19.95
- Ping Pong (DVD, DOCURAMA) $29.95
- Mea Maxima Culpa (DVD, DOCURAMA) $29.95
- The Happy Poet (DVD, Cinema Libre Studio) $24.95
- The World Before Her (DVD, DOCURAMA) $29.95
Total Retail Value of All Prizes (including shipping): $751.00
6. Grand Prize Winner Verification: The Sponsor will require the Prize Winner(s) to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity to assure compliance with these Promotion rules. The Prize Winner(s) must execute the documentation by fax and/or mail within 7 days at the time of prize notification or an alternate winner will be selected. By signing the Affidavit of Eligibility, the Prize Winner(s) gives the Sponsor full rights to use: the winner’s name, hometown, and photograph or likeness in connection with the winning entry and this Promotion for all publicity purposes, Internet/Web site promotion, and/or trade purposes, without further compensation. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Prize Winner(s) will be notified by email.
7. General Prize Terms: The value of Prizes may be taxable to Prize Winner(s) as income. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winners’ responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Prize Winner or potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prizes as described herein. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received. Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Sponsor’s Web site and the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by the Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by the Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and will result in disqualification of all such entries. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sponsor, and hereby acknowledge that said Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
9. WINNERS LIST: To review the names of winners, please visit http://www.motherearthnews.com/ogden-contest-winners.aspx.
10. OFFICIAL RULES BY MAIL: For your own copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope to “Utne Reader Swag Bag Spring 2015 Giveaway,” 1503 SW 42nd Street, Topeka, KS 66609.
11. SPONSOR: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS SPONSORED BY OGDEN PUBLICATIONS, INC., 1503 SW 42ND STREET, TOPEKA, KS 66609.